Canadian Land Surveyors

Commissioned Land Surveyor in another Canadian jurisdiction

If you are a practising land surveyor registered with a professional land surveying association in Canada, you may qualify as a Land Surveyor Associate in British Columbia.

In accordance with Mutual Recognition Agreements consistent with the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) and the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement (TILMA) between the governments of Alberta and British Columbia, Land Surveyor Associates write a jurisdiction examination designed to test the level of jurisdictional knowledge.

If you are a land surveyor in another Canadian jurisdiction, you may apply to become a Land Surveyor Associate in British Columbia.

For information on the jurisdictional examination, please see the Land Surveyor Associate Handbook.