Internationally Trained Professional:

Qualified Land Surveyor from any jurisdiction outside of Canada.

Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials

Information on Requirements to Practice as a Land Surveyor

Qualified Land Surveyors from outside Canada must apply to the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CBEPS) for an individual assessment of their qualifications in order to obtain the required Certificate of Completion (CofC). Once they have their CofC their credentials will be assessed by the ABCLS and they may be required to serve a term under articles as a Land Surveyor in Training with the Association of BC Land Surveyors. This assessment will depend solely on each candidates’ credentials and the entry requirements may be adjusted accordingly. At a minimum the candidate will be required to write the same exams as a Land Surveyor Associate otherwise they will be required to write the same exams as a Land Surveyor in Training. Please review those sections for content and exam requirements. Please note that all Internationally Trained Professionals will initially be registered as Survey Students until such time as their credentials have been reviewed and adjudicated By CBEPS.

Information Required:

  • CBEPS Certificate of Completion
  • Confirmation of status as a land surveyor in their respective jurisdiction
  • Credentials Assessment fee:  $25 plus GST
  • Annual Registration fee:  $100 plus GST

Please submit the following form to register and obtain additional information

Association of British Columbia Land Surveyors

Application to become a Land Surveyor in Training

(International Trained Professional)

I , of , , , , , and , hereby make application for status as a under regulations approved by the Association.

Birthplace: Birthdate:

I am a Registered Permanent Resident in:

1. Education:
Diploma -Degrees Received
Year of Course/Graduation

2. Experience:

3. Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors Certificate:

If you have this certification, you will be asked to forward a copy to the ABCLS office using fax or email. Please indicate your PSC status below.

 I have a PSC I do not have a PSC

4. Registration as a Land Surveyor in a country other than Canada:
Membership Status
Date of Registration

I confirm the foregoing to be a true record of my education and survey experience. If this application is accepted, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Association.I will forward $25.00 + GST to cover the fee for this application. If accepted I agree to pay annual dues in the amount of $100.00 + GST.

The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of and will be used for the purpose of administering and enforcing the Land Surveyors Act. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions about this form should be directed to the Association of BC Land Surveyors, #301-2400 Bevan Avenue, Sidney BC V8L 1W1. Phone: 250-655-7222 Fax: 250-655-7223.