- Guide to becoming a Land Surveyor
- Survey Student This category is for a person who is working in a geomatics related field employed whether by a BCLS or other employer or in school enrolled in survey science, geomatics or equivalent studies in surveying.
- Land Surveyor in Training This category is for a person who has a Certificate of Completion from CBEPS is eligible to enter into articles with a practising BC land surveyor (BCLS) and be registered as a Land Surveyor in Training (LST).
- Land Surveyor Associate This category is for a cadastral land surveyor from other provinces in Canada or a Canada Lands Surveyor licensed to conduct cadastral surveys. There are two options for obtaining Land Surveyor Associate status:
- Trade Investment Labour Mobility Agreement (TILMA) This is for an Alberta land surveyor (ALS) applying to become a BC land surveyor (BCLS) under an agreement between the Alberta Land Surveyors Association (ALSA) and the Association of BC Land Surveyors (ABCLS) pursuant to the TILMA.
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT) This is for any land surveyor registered with a jurisdiction in Canada applying to become a BC land surveyor (BCLS) under the Mutual Recognition Agreement ratified through Professional Surveyors Canada.
- Internationally Trained Professional Qualified Land Surveyor from any jurisdiction outside of Canada.
- Professional Examinations Information A list of required examinations for Land Surveyors.
- Past Exams Students A list of past examinations.
Career Entry Links:
- Admissions Handbook
- Scholarship Information
- Canadian Board of Examiners
- BCLS Professional Exams (past) & Additional Publications
- Diary Sheets
- Application to Write Professional Exams
- Examination Guide
The Association office has been advised of several employment opportunities, please view the current job openings on our Employment Opportunities page.